k account in Turkey
Anyone who decides to enjoy a longer vacation at sea or to buy real estate in Alanya, sooner or later will have to take care of opening an account in one of the Turkish banks.
If only because the extract from the deposit is strictly necessary to obtain a residence permit in Turkey. The account should be in your name and in a Turkish bank.
The procedure for opening an account in a Turkish bank is not difficult. Let's take a closer look at each step:
1. To open a bank account in Turkey, you will first need a local TIN (vergi numarası). You can get it at any department of the tax service that is convenient for you by providing a passport. Further with this document you can go to the bank.
2. Take the choice of bank seriously. For example, if a bank cooperates with a bank in your country, or if you intend to take a mortgage loan for real estate in Turkey in this bank, you may be offered a number of advantages. It is also worth making sure that the bank has a convenient and high-quality online service. This is especially useful if you do not plan to reside in Turkey permanently.
3. Most likely, the bank will offer you a three-currency account: in euros, dollars and lira (local currency). Deposits in Turkey are quite profitable by European standards. On average, for currency it is 2.4% per annum, for lira - from 7 to 14%. The calculation is based on monthly profits (this is a nuance worth remembering).
4. The indisputable advantage of opening an account in a Turkish bank is that depositors are 100% protected by the state. Obtaining a banking license in Turkey is quite difficult, and all banks are insured in the interbank insurance system. This means that in the event of bankruptcy, you are guaranteed to receive all of your amount.
5. All foreigners opening accounts in a Turkish bank will certainly be offered to have a card. Its advantages are also undeniable if you intend to spend quite a lot of time in Turkey and plan to make purchases in local stores. If earlier, due to the peculiarities of the banking system of Turkey, it was difficult for a foreigner to get a card with the ability to pay for purchases on the Internet, now it is quite realistic. To do this, you only need to send an application to the bank.
The most popular banks among foreigners
Deniz bank (grants loans, including in rubles),
Yapı Kredi bank,
Küveit Türk bank.
We have listed only the most basic ones - of course, in Turkey there are much more reliable banks to which you can safely entrust your savings. The final decision is always yours.
The minimum amount in the account should be at least $ 500 per month, that is, $ 6,000 per year. Moreover, you can issue an account in both dollar and lira (translated at the rate).